Monday, February 13, 2012

Prima Printery Bird Mini!!!!

So I've had this bird chipboard mini hanging around our scrap room. And its been calling my name to alter. Yet it wasn't until two days ago that I decided to finally give it some life!! So I decided to cover it with the beautiful paper collection by Prima, called Printery Collection. So I gathered my goodies and just worked and worked until it was done!! When I was gluing things down I kind of just didn't really put much thought into where everything was going to land. I love it when I just go with flow...... I call it "Scrap Improv!!" I drew some wings on a piece of chipboard and cut it out to see if it looked good. I made two wings and I love how it gives the covers some dimensional interest!! I did some stamping, and some major distressing! Four different colors to be exact. I first layed down the Tea Dye and went further into the edge of the page, next came Frayed Burlap a little closer to the edge, on top of that came Vintage Photo, then the darkest color Black Soot. I have never done this but I loved the look..... Oh yeah your going to see more of that technique!!! I made the vellum pocket pullout  for more real estate, since of course it was small to begin with.















I hope you like it!! And if you have this birdie lying around your scrap room, I hope this inspires you to create your own!!!! Follow us on Facebook, and YouTube for more projects!!!! Have a blessed day...

-Natalie

2 comments:

  1. I love this. I have this birdie too and you have inspired me to make a mini out of her. I found you from youtube. You do such beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you should make one. It was a very easy project. Thank you for your sweet comment.

      Delete