Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Shabby Chic Altered Jewelry Box

Hey everyone! Just wanted to share with you one of our projects that I've recently finished! A couple of weeks ago, my sister and I went...well...just a bit crazy when we went to go hit up our local thrift stores trying to find things to alter. Needless to say we came back with LOADS of goodies that were just BEGGING to be altered. We happened to find three old jewelry boxes that were actually in pretty good condition, despite that they were all missing one single drawer knob! That's o.k. though, we always find a quick way to fix it up!

So to start off, this is one of the jewelry boxes and I knew IMMEDIATELY that I wanted to alter this white jewelry box in a shabby chic style, since the lining of the drawers were a pink suede. The paper collection I used on the box were Pink Paislee's Butterfly Garden. I am just lovin' this collection!


At the top of the jewelry box is a porcelain cherub that my mother had given me a couple of Christmases ago. I love taking random pieces of jewelry, or in this case, sentimental pieces and adding it to projects because it's like adding a little piece of myself into my projects! 





Hope you guys enjoyed checking out our newest project! If you would like to see a video on this project, click below!



- Cydney


1 comment: